Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KTrivia

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1991 20:40:46 -0700
Subject: Re: KTrivia
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

IED asks:

>IED saw an excerpt from the movie "Regarding Henry" on E! Entertainment
>Cable Network today.  In the scene shown Henry (Harrison Ford) is
>talking with the kids at the breakfast table.  In the background can
>be heard the unmistakable Uillean pipes sound of "The Sensual World".
>IED has not seen the movie itself, so he is not entirely certain
>whether this music is in the movie or was added by E!  Anyone know?

Hmmm.  I saw this movie, and don't recall hearing "TSW."  Not only am I
fairly certain that I would have caught it if it were there, but I saw the
movie with my father, who is also a KaTefan (though not nearly as wrapped
as I...;-)

BUT...when MTV did their special Summer Films edition of "The Big Picture,"
one of the songs they played as background music was the instrumental TSW
(two or three people, myself included, commented on this when that particular
show aired a few months ago).  I don't recall what movie clips they were
showing during that particular song, but it could well have been _Regarding
Henry_.

So the next question is:  does MTV have anything to do with E!?  It seems
surprising that Kate would turn up twice in roughly the same context in
so short a time span.

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |