Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

CBusting, Kaps

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1991 05:25:22 -0800
Subject: CBusting, Kaps
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

First off, READ RON'S CLOUDBUSTING!!!!!  It's gotta be the best book of the
decade (and I mean that!) and you can read it here first.  The _objective_
way Kate is better than NKOTB is that everything she does is imbued with
the classic literary themes of life and genius and society, the same images
you find in Blake and Van Gogh, etc etc etc, and reading her words in these
interviews really brings that home.  Ron's done a terrific editing job--
I've dreaded to plow thru the raw interviews, but his sorting is a joy to
experience.  (Not at all to diminish Andy's huge contribution in collecting
the raw material and typing most of it in!  I'm inclined to call it Ron and
Andy's CBusting.)

Briefly, to FTP them, you connect by typing:

ftp hayes.ims.alaska.edu

Log in as "anonymous", and use your username as your password.
To change directories, type:

cd pub/love-hounds/kb/cloudbusting

"dir" will get you a directory, "get" and the filename will retrieve the
file.

Second off, I can handle a half dozen more Kap stragglers, but that will be
it.  The current run will be 3 dozen, bringing the total to 8 dozen (96
love-hounds with kaps on their heads, 96 love-hounds with kaps...!).  I'll
need the money soon, though, so mainland US and Canadian orderers, please
mail $7.50 per cap to:
Jorn Barger, PO Box 81988, Chicago IL 60681-0988.  These orders will be
filled in the order I get the $, for the most part.

Pricier-shipping sites, I'll let you know how much to send, soon.