Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Oh, stuff

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1991 05:21:00 -0800
Subject: Oh, stuff
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here. I called Greg in Boston during his "Kegmas" and had a
wonderful conversation. We talked a bit about Peter Gabriel and
early Genesis. Later in the evening my friend Patrick and I watched
"Birdy"-him for the first time and me for the uh, oh um, er 20 ish.
Wow, it's such a powerful film. I'd recommend watching the film, then
reading the book and then watching the film again. The music is by
Peter Gabriel and the entire soundtrack is awesome. I was lucky enough
to find the soundtrack years ago on CD, which I guess (?) is pretty
rare now. I'd love to see Kate do more film work (after the next album
and tour of course :-) because I think she'd be good at it. I still
find it amazing when I think of her saying that she wrote "This Woman's
Work" in, what was it?, 1 day? I wonder how look it took her to write
"Be Kind To My Mistakes" hmmmmm.

Speaking of films, I saw T2 the other night for the second time and
both times they showed the trailer for _The Fisher King_. I'm dying
to see it! Terry Gilliam's first American film...it's going to be
brilliant, I just know it! I WNAT TO SEE KATE AND TERRY GILLIAM
WORK TOGETHER!!!! Before I'm old and grey too!AN Brazil is my all-time
favorite film and I know it's one of Kate's too. It's so great when you
find out people you like love some of the same things you do.
I have a documentary that was filmed during the making of _Brazil_ and
it's fascinating, because no one knew how it would end up or that it
would cause so much controversy. I wish the soundtrack would be released.

Pooh!

Vickie (one of...us)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

"We stood beneath the amber moon, and softly whispered someday soon..."