Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rec.stuff (Kate thread in music.misc & roller coasters)

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1991 05:03:00 -0800
Subject: Rec.stuff (Kate thread in music.misc & roller coasters)
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here.

On Chinet we get and can receive e-mail free at all times, so we
subscribe to the Digest. The newsgroups are available on the
weekends to look at, but not on weekdays, and no posting is
permitted, unless we pay a yearly fee. We will, but don't have
it at the moment. It's great that we can at least see what's
going on two days a week, but very frustrating that we can't
post responses.

I just got off Rec.music.misc and discovered that a very interesting
Kate thread has been going on (I missed the first posts that must
have been deleted sometime during the week) and what i want to know is,
why hasn't anyone said anything about this to Love-Hounds. If we didn't
have access to the newsgroups I never would have known about it!

C'mon! I think mailing list-only people would be fascinated to know
when, and how, Kate is being discussed in other newsgroups. This was
not just 2 or 3 posts either, I got over a dozen, and it was obvious
that it had been going on for days before the ones I saw.

Keep us informed...please!

This to Cindy Loiselle, if you're reading (I lost your e-mail address).

I've been perusing the roller-coaster newsgroup and saw mention of
the TimberWolf in Kansas City. I never did get to ride it before we
moved up here, but I went home to visit a few weeks ago and we went
to World's Of Fum. I got to ride it twice and it was fantastic, but I
still like the Orient Express better.

Ob. Kate reference: I took my headphones and listened to Violin and
Rocket's Tail and a few others while riding the coasters. I had to
hang on tight to the Walkman!

Jon, I *LOVE* how you go on in....never mind, this one's for e-mail :-)

It's *SO* frustrating to not be able to post. Someone in .misc called
[B

Sometimes, yeah I can't help but feel a bit elitist. You read posts like
that and want to go "my tastes are better than your tastes. Nynah, nynah"

:-) I know, I know...*that's* sophmoric, but I can't help it. Mainly I
feel that life is too short to spend listening to bad or mediocre music.
I've been lucky enough to have been blessed with what I believe is good
taste in music. I utilize that to full advantage to my ears. Even the
"silly" things I listen to I feel has some worth. I truly *LOVE*
Camper Van Beethoven, for instance. Chris hates 'em, and a lot of
people would roll their eyes, but hey, IMHO, they're brilliant (or were,
anyway) and make me very happy. I just can't imagine going through life
never caring about music or what it can do to enrich and enlighten
and entertain on an intelligent level. I feel so lucky.

Jeez, it's 8:00am, I haven't gone to bed yet and I'm rambling. Sorry :-)

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

"My ears are lucky to hear these glorious songs of inspiration"

                                              Someone nice