Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Get out of my House" line revealed!

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1991 11:33:42 -0800
Subject: Re: "Get out of my House" line revealed!
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

No one yet knows why brownfld@ux1.cso.uiuc.EDU (Kenneth R Brownfield) said:
>Jon sed:
>>Geez guys, how come you all haven't spent hours on dangerous drugs in
>>darkened rooms with The Dreaming in your headphones?  How can you expect to
>>achieve enlightenment if you don't?
>
>     *smack*  Grand prize.
>     The one advantage of poor college students: too poor to buy a stereo,
>and to musically "drugged" to get cheap headphones.  Pull Out The Pin loud in
>_good_ headphones is worth any price, as long as you live through it.

Hey, bro, I *was* in college when I did that.  The price breakdown:

portable CD player: $80 (used, you can find 'em that cheap if you try)
headphones: $40
The Dreaming: $10 (if you pay more than that, you're a silly person)
tab of high quality blotter acid: $5 (more like $3 if you know the right
people)

That's darn cheap.  And you'll have a good CD player and headphone set to
take you through the rest of your college days, assuming you don't go insane
trying this little stunt.

--
Jon Drukman  (zappa for president)           uunet!sco!jondr      jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.