Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Album News

From: ***SEMPSY*** <sre017%cck.cov.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1991 04:21:41 -0800
Subject: Album News
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

According to a major record chain store in the UK,Kate's album is due this
October.This was in the Our Price store in Leamington Spa,where forthcoming
releases were listed on a poster.I enquired where they got the info, they said
they had just been told that Stevie Nicks (Greatest Hits),Annie Lennox and
Kate Bush were due to release albums around October time.
I would caution people not to read too much into this as release dates for
Kate's albums always have a habit of changing by as much as a year.Though let's
keep our fingers crossed.

I've been ill recently so I haven't had chance to do a top 10 or anything,so
here is my top 20 music and top 10 movie belatedly:
I've only listed one album by each artist,otherwise Kate would take most of
the positions!!
These are in no particular order:
1 Kate Bush   Hounds Of Love
2 The Lilac Time     The Lilac Time
3 Peter Gabriel     Peter Gabriel 4
4 Black         Wonderful Life
5 Genesis      The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
6 David Bowie    Hunky Dory
7 Depeche Mode    Black Celebration
8 Squeeze        45's and under
9 Talk Talk       The Colour Of Spring
10 Roy Harper       The Unknown Soldier
11 Elvis Costello    Girls!Girls!Girls!
12 All About Eve     Scarlet And Other Stories
13 The Beatles       Revolver
14 John Lennon      Plastic Ono Band
15 Enya      Watermark
16 Tears For Fears      The Hurting
17 Prefab Sprout     Steve McQueen
18 Queen       The Works
19 Phil Collins     Face Value   (The only decent album he's done)
20 Propaganda      A Secret Wish
They're are countless others which didn't make it!!
Top 10 Movies
1 Birdy
2 Excalibur
3 Life Of Brian
4 Brazil
5 Monty Python And The Holy Grail
6 Highlander       ( I was so disappointed with the sequel,it was crap!!)
7 Alien
8 The Wall
9 One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
10 The Man With Two Brains

Andy Semple      sre017@uk.ac.cov.cck
P.S From August 8th I will be without an area until October,I've changed course
slightly.After August 8th can you stop sending the digests,I will contact you
in October on my new number.If I get any info in my time off which is important,
I will contact Neil Calton as I have his address.You know I don't know if I can
cope without the digest for so long,Oh Well!!!