Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Clannad

From: eek@snare.mitre.org (Ericka Kammerer)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1991 04:55:23 -0800
Subject: Re: Clannad
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@linus.mitre.org (News Service)

In article <9107280332.AA04866@lewhoosh.umd.edu>, jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.EDU writes:

|> I know the background of the band (such as the familial relations within the
|> band, and their relationship to Enya).  I also know they've been around for
|> quite a while (well over a decade).

	I know they've been around since the 70s and I'm pretty sure that
Enya is blood related somehow.  I think people in the band with the
appropriate last names are brother/sister.  There's a video out for
PastPresent that features a quite a bit of the band talking about
their history.  There's almost no live concert footage, though.

|> Today, I bought _Fuaim_, on which Enya (Eithne) was a member
|> of the band.  I seem to remember reading a year or two ago that Enya was only
|> on this one album.  Is this true?

	I believe this is true.  Most people I've talked to seem to think that
Duluman is the better of the earlier albums.

|> So, having spewed out all that, I guess what it comes down to is that my
|> next Clannad albums, assuming I can find them, will be _Legend_ and_Magical
|> Ring_ (both represented on _PastPresent_).  But what of their other older

	Well, good luck finding _Legend_.  I have it ;-), but it's very
difficult to find, if not impossible these days.  _Magical Ring_ shouldn't
be too hard.  Most of _Legend_ is on _PastPresent_, though, so you're
not missing too much.

	It sounds to me like you might want to take a look at Mouth Music,
if you haven't already.  They have a sound similar to the Clannad sound
you seem to like (but it is different, so no guarantees).  I think it's
on Rykodisc (or is that Rykodisk?  I can never remember...).

|> |Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|> |                                | Time for you to / Be who you are."       |
|> |jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu          |                         --Happy Rhodes   |

Ericka Kammerer
eek@caen.engin.umich.edu