Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Get out of my House" line revealed!

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1991 10:58:01 -0800
Subject: Re: "Get out of my House" line revealed!
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

No one yet knows why dfried@mendel.genetics.washington.edu.genetics.washington.edu (David Friedman) said:
>>and the first time we understood "What about Edward G?"
>What about Edward G?  I am knew to this group, so please indulge me on
>something that I'm sure has been thouroughly covered before.

Edward G Robinson, famous gangster in many movies of the 1950's.  The voice
that says this line (which is in "There Goes A Tenner" in case you weren't
sure) sounds very much like Mr Robinson.  A very good facsimile.

>On the same lines, does anybody know what the words are in the mysterious
>chant at the end of "Leave It Open"?  Once again, this may be old news, but
>I do have an answer from a quasi-reliable source.

"We let the weirdness in."

--
Jon Drukman  (zappa for president)           uunet!sco!jondr      jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.