Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Desert Island Discs

From: David Markfield <ILWN500%INDYCMS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1991 09:26:21 -0800
Subject: Desert Island Discs
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Haven't posted in ages but seemed like a good occasion.

In no particular order:

Kate Bush:  Hounds of Love - Not only the album that got me started but an
                             album for varying moods with the Hounds material
                             and The Ninth Wave
Yes: Going For the One - Awaken alone makes this a must have but then throw
                         in Wonderous Stories and Turn of the Century and this
                         is probably my favorite of their albums
                         (Note: If I could leave after Aug 6 I'd take YESYEARS
                          their upcoming Box set instead)
Roxy Music: Avalon - Bryan Ferry at his moody best.
IQ: Are You Sitting Comfortably? - One of the very few albums I can listen to
                                    repeatedly without getting tired of.
Marillion: Fugazi - Not their most consistent album but if has 3 of their best
                    songs: Fugazi, Assassing and Jigsaw
David Bowie: Sound and Vision - too difficult to choose a single album so I'll
                                cheat and take the compiliation
Genesis:  Foxtrot - Supper's Ready 'nuff said.
Peter Gabriel: Melted Face - His best and besides Kate appears also.
Jethro Tull: 20 Years of - Again too difficult so I'll take the box(where
                           Carole Marole is standing) :)
Renaissance: Live at Carneigie Hall - Incredible live album

Dave Markfield
ilwn500@indycms.iupui.edu