Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Desert Island Discs

From: judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1991 16:05:00 -0800
Subject: Desert Island Discs
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

  Everybody has come up with such wonderful lists! So, I figured it
was time to come up with mine. I tried REALLY HARD (honest, I did!) to
narrow it down to 10 picks, but changes in mood, etc. made it imposssible
for me to do. So, instead, I've got a list of definitely must-haves which
I'd try to pick 10 from only if I absolutely HAD to and my life depended
on it.

1. KaTe Bush (of course)- by far my favorite artist. All albums are dearest
        loves of mine, but I guess Hounds of Love is still my fave.

2. The Beatles: 1967-1970 (Compilation of all their best from the later years)

3. 20 Years of Jethro Tull: (Again, a compilation of the best)

4. The John Lennon Collection: (again....the best of....)

5. Pink Floyd: "Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wall" (all their other
           albums deserve mention, too.)

6. Tears For Fears: "Songs From the Big Chair" ("The Hurting" and the
           first 4 songs of "Seeds of Love" are also very, very good.)

7. Miles Davis: "Tutu"

8. Al Dimeola: "Tirami Su"

9. Shadowfax: "The Dreams of Children" (other albums are quite good, too)

10. Pat Metheny Group: "Still Life (Talking)"

11. Living Colour: "Vivid" (Vernon Reid is outrageous!)

12. The Alan Parsons Project: "I, Robot"

13. Sting: "Dream of the Blue Turtles", "Nothing Like the Sun"
           (I am very disappointed in "Soul Cages")

14. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble: "Soul to Soul" (other
            albums are faves, too)

15. The Robert Cray Band: "Strong Persuader"

16. Dire Straits: "Brothers In Arms"

17. Peter Gabriel: "So" (I like all his stuff, but this album has KaTe, too!)

18. Joe Jackson: "Jumpin' Jive"

19. Jethro Tull: "Songs From the Wood"

20. Joe Satriani: "Surfing With the Alien"

21. Paul Simon: "Rhythm of the Saints"

22. UB40: "Rat in the Kitchen"

23. U2: "The Joshua Tree"

24. The Neville Brothers: "Yellow Moon" (truly wonderful!)

25. Yes: "Big Generator" (other stuff good, of course)

26. Aerosmith: "Toys in the Attic", "Pump"

27. Phillip Glass: "Songs From Liquid Days"

28 Any Mozart

29. Any Tchaikovsky

30. Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons"

31. Any Beethoven

32. Any Bach

33. Any Wagner

   None of the list was in any specific order, by the way, except for
KaTe, who's ALWAYS number 1 on my list.

   Wish I could've said more about why I like specific albums, but that
would make this post incredibly long, tho... so, I guess you'll just
have to take my word for it. (!!!???!)

   judi