Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Desert Island Discs

From: citi!sharkey!caen!nstar!bluemoon!mdc@rutgers.edu (Melissa D. Caldwell)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1991 23:13:52 -0800
Subject: Desert Island Discs
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu

As long as we're listing our desert island discs, I thought I'd break my
silence and make my first post.

My first thought was to list all of Kate's works including the two
B-sides discs.  After some consideration I decided that although I never
tire of listening to Kate, my appreciation for her might diminish without
having the work of other artists to keep her music in perspective.
Here they are in no particular order:

Kate Bush         The Dreaming
Kate Bush         B-Sides, Volume I
Kate Bush         The Kick Inside
k.d. lang         Absolute Torch and Twang
Warren Zevon      A Quiet Normal Life
ELO               Face the Music
Alice Cooper      Billion Dollar Babies
The Beatles       Abbey Road
Styx              Paradise Theater
Kate Bush         Never For Ever

The last choice was a difficult one.  There were a lot of possibilities
but I just couldn't be without some of the music from _Never For Ever_.

 This is from
     mdc@bluemoon.uucp
     mdc@bluemoon.rn.com
who doesn't have their own obnoxious signature yet