Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Almost Free Music

From: nrc@cbema.att.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1991 10:20:11 -0800
Subject: Almost Free Music
To: att!eddie.MIT.EDU!love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Love-Hounds)

We have the following items available to whoever wants them.

First of all we bought four copies of Jane Siberry's _Bound By the
Beauty_ LP for $0.25 each.  We don't particularly care for Jane and
this doesn't seem to be many of her fans' favorite LP but if there
is anyone out there who has still not heard Jane Siberry who is
curious about her, here's your chance to check it out.   The catch:
people who offer to send the mailer back with some interesting music
inside for us to try will be given preference. (I realise that there
probably aren't many people here who haven't heard Jane but I don't
care, they were only a buck total and we'll use them as frisbees if
nobody wants them).

Second, we have a slightly used (two previous owners) copy of Happy
Rhodes' _Warpaint_ CD.  Anyone who has not yet heard Happy Rhodes who
wants this can have it.  Again, exchange offers will be given
preference but one way or another this puppy's out the door.  A review
will follow if I can ever muster enough interest to finish it.

Now, finally something I can whole heartedly endorse:  Caterwaul's
_Pin and Web_ on CD will go to the person who sounds most interested.
I am the final judge and I'm not afraid to pick a name out of a hat.
Fair warning; if you can't see yourself enjoying huge guitar sounds and
caterwauling vocals, stay clear.  This one is on me.  All I ask is that
if you don't like it you give it to someone who might.  We payed a whole
buck for it so this was perhaps the best CD value I've ever found.  I'm
tempted to keep it as a backup since Caterwaul is currently without a
record contract but I'd rather spread the word.

Please send your request by EMAIL ONLY to the address below.  If
you're reading this on The Big Sky drop a note to the Sysop.

In the cases where I've suggested exchange offers I want original
media only, no dupes.  I only suggested exchanges to recoup my postage
and get some interesting music to try, don't be afraid to respond
if you don't have anything to offer.  I figure most people have
some cassettes or LPs that they've replaced with CDs that they can get
rid of this way.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbema!nrc
                                          nrc@cbema.att.com