Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Good Rockin' Tonight (Was Re: Kate v. the True Squids on the Block...)

From: paullu@cs.ualberta.ca (Paul Lu)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1991 12:19:18 -0800
Subject: Good Rockin' Tonight (Was Re: Kate v. the True Squids on the Block...)
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.ualberta.ca (News Administrator)

In article <9107191627.AA09001@c5_aspen.aspen> rlm@ms_aspen.hac.COM (R. L. McMillin) writes:
>On another note, in this same post, you post an interview from "Good
>Rockin' Tonight", which I assume is a radio or television show in
>1985.  It seems the interviewer was an unreformed FORTRAN programmer,
>for he always speaks in UPPER CASE... :-)

As a bit of trivia, I believe the "Good Rockin' Tonight" being referred to
is none other that the 1-hour music videos/interviews/movies hightlights
show produced by the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).  Current host
of the show is Stu Jeffries, who is a Kate fan himself.  It is usually shown
late (~11 PM or Midnight) on Friday nights.  American love-hounds that can
pick up the CBC have probably seen or heard about it.

And yes, I am desperate to contribute something (however trivial) to this
newsgroup :-).

Regards,
	...Paul Lu