Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Oleta Adams

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1991 19:01:00 -0800
Subject: Re: Oleta Adams
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Chris here,

 Judi McKernan asks:
>  Does anyone know anything about a female vocalist named Oleta Adams?
> I first heard her on Tears for Fears 3rd album (The Seeds of Love).
> Her voice really adds to many of the songs on the album, especially
> "Woman in Chains." Beautiful!

   Oleta is a singer from Knsas City, Mo. our old home. Yes, she was
given a big break by the guys from Tears For Fears when they asked her
to guest on their last album, which led to her solo _Circle Of One_.
  The guys from TFF have mentioned in several interviews how, after their
Kansas City show for the _Songs From The Big Chair_, they felt trapped
by the technological world that the had enclosed themselves in on stage,
that they felt isolated from the audience by the sequencers and drum
machines. After the show they went back to the hotel, and Oleta was playing
in the lounge, just piano and voice, and this caused them to totally
re-evaulate their approach to music.
   Just one thing. I was at that show, and thought it was great! I felt
that they were communicating very well, everyone singing along to _Everybody
Wants To Rule The World_ and shouting to _Shout_.
   Oh well, I guess it looks different from up there.

                            Chris Williams of
                                Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago
                                    katefans@chinet.chi.il.us