Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Long distance

From: Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1991 10:23:44 -0800
Subject: Long distance
To: nrc@cbema.att.com
Cc: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Sender: nessus@media-lab.media.mit.edu

> [Richard Caldwell:] Unfortunately, these sites are often still a
> toll call and the closest access is sometimes long distance.  At
> that point the only alternative I can suggest is that the person use
> Compuserve.  I'm not a Compuserve subscriber so I don't know exactly
> what's involved.

There's another alternative to long distance phone calls.  It's called
"PC Pursuit" and it's a service of SprintNet (i.e. Telenet).  It
allows you to for somewhere around $30 a month to make unlimitted
offpeak SprintNet connections to dial-out modems in most major cities.
>From these dialout modems, you can then connect to the public-access
Unix computer of your choice.  I believe the phone number for PC
Pursuit is (800) 835-3638.

|>oug

Z is for ZOODLE who nine lives disposed