Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Long distance

From: jjwcmp@ultb.isc.rit.edu (Jeff Wasilko)
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1991 15:53:39 -0800
Subject: Re: Long distance
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9107151823.AA03649@twitch.media.mit.edu> Doug Alan <nessus@mit.edu> writes:

>There's another alternative to long distance phone calls.  It's called
>"PC Pursuit" and it's a service of SprintNet (i.e. Telenet).  It
>allows you to for somewhere around $30 a month to make unlimitted
>offpeak SprintNet connections to dial-out modems in most major cities.

Unless things have changed in the past two years (which they may well
have), PC Pursuit only allows 30 off-peak hours for the $30. Additional
hours are charged separatly. I recall that PC Pursuit went from
unlimited to 30 hours around 3 years ago because people were sharing PC
Pursuit accounts and running up a large number of hours.

Jeff

--
| RIT VAX/VMS Systems: |     Jeff Wasilko     |     RIT Ultrix Systems:     |
|BITNET: jjwcmp@ritvax +----------------------+ INET:jjwcmp@ultb.isc.rit.edu|