Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lasersquids...

From: Ken.Saintjohn@samba.acs.unc.edu
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1991 00:40:02 -0800
Subject: Lasersquids...
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Richard of "Richard & Missy" writes:

>Are you out of your MIND?  It has been clearly explained to one and
>all here on gaffa that a record company connection (i.e. Dances with
>Squid) is of no value or significance whatsoever!
>Your suggestion that there might be of even the slightest use for such
>a connection is clear proof that you've been spending too much time in
>the petting tank at 'Squids R Us'.  How many times do we have to tell
>you people before you get it through your tiny invertebrate skulls?
>These people are eeeeeeevil!  They want to make MONEY!  How could you
>even think of having any sort of connection with slimy worms like
>that when you know that at this very moment they may be turning a
>PROFIT!?

 Ahhhhhhh!!!!  GOD!  HELP!  I'm on the floor!  Reading your posts may
very well be dangerous to my health, I could rupture something!  Your
sarcasm is becoming legendary in my book!:-)

 Back when I was in the "buisiness" it went something like this:

"Record companies suck!  Record companies suck!  Joe Blow who works
for record companie "A"?  Oh Joe is cool, he gives me stuff!" This was
coming from people who were working at the club I was managing, this
same club was in buisiness thus we all had jobs *thanks* to the
eeeeeeevil record companys.  It's amazing how fast the staunchest
"record company" hater would jump right into bed with these "Squids"
when it involved getting something they wanted like a *pre-release* or
free album.  Hypocrisy can be sooooooo amusing at times!  :-)

  * For all LaserDisc fans "KEN CRANE'S LASERDISC" (1-800-624-3078) in  *
  * California now has "THE WHOLE STORY" in stock!  And here is another *
  * pleasent surprise, it's only $19.95!!!                              *

                       Ken.Saintjohn@bbs.oit.unc.edu
            "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush...