Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cathy

From: Ken.Saintjohn@samba.acs.unc.edu
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1991 03:05:28 -0800
Subject: Cathy
To: Love-Hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Jon Drukman states:

>I'm surprized at the posts here that say "I listened to some Happy stuff
>and I just don't see what the big deal is."

 I listened to some Happy stuff and I just don't see what the big deal is.

> I know people who find KaTe too "screechy" as in Violin Song.  They
>catch on eventually though.  Give Happy a chance, she's golden, just
>as KaTe is.

 Happy and KaTe in the same sentence?  No I don't think so.  I
received the "Warpaint" CD as a gift, played it, then played it 2 more
times 'cuz I just knew I had to be missing something, I found one song
(the last one) that I 'kinda liked then gave the CD away.  I'm sure
Happy is a very nice person but she sure 'aint no' KaTe Bush.  Happy
an American KaTe?  Thats ludicrous at best.

 Michael Graham asks:

>Were ALL of the photos from Cathy scanned - must be a short book if so.
>What are the captions like?

 Michael if your looking at the scans that have 3 or more images per
gif those are the ones I scanned and yes thats the eniter book, each
image was a page, each B&W photo a little over 7x5, something like 27
of them.  The book is in an interesting format, each photo page is
proceeded by a page that has had the center cutout thus acting as a
frame for the following photo, the captions were written on these
proceeding pages below the "frame".  In the captions John Bush
(photographer/brother of course) talks about ecah photo a little,
nothing spectacular but nice just the same.  The book is lovely,
nothing short of a treasure.

                           Ken.Saintjohn@bbs.oit.unc.edu
                "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush...