Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What? Madonna on Love-Hounds? Ptui!

From: rlm@ms_aspen.hac.com (R. L. McMillin)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 1991 09:49:20 -0800
Subject: What? Madonna on Love-Hounds? Ptui!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Thanks to Larry Spence for the support on Madonna's latest public
excrement, "Truth or Dare".  There was an interesting article in Forbes
earlier this year concerning Ms. Ciccone's wealth; she refused to speak
to the magazine, but they were able to write a fascinating article
nonetheless.  I don't care to see Love-Hounds become a forum for flame
wars on Madonna -- she and her music aren't worth the time or Internet
bandwith.  As much as I have heard of her music, the only memorable
songs she has sung were those Stephen Sondheim wrote for her in "Dick
Tracy".  I have that -- one -- album.  As my girlfriend Helen correctly
points out, her goal is to have people talk about her, and that is what
has happened in this case.

LS> I hate to recommend reading Rolling Stone to anyone...

Yes, and I hate reading it, too.  It's politically correct, it's
frequently a burying ground for lost groups and performers, and it
spotlights the worst trends in music, IMHO.  It's interesting that the
people who dislike it are reading it.  (I scanned the first of what are
SEVERAL articles on Madonna -- does she ever shut up?)

So, please, please, PLEASE -- after the Happy wars and the megabytes
of flames that generated -- can we talk about Kate?