Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: GIFs on your display

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1991 06:20:13 -0800
Subject: Re: GIFs on your display
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Michael Portuesi says:

> Is there any demand for high-res, true-color scans of KT pics?  Keep
>in mind that they will be large, and in TIFF instead of GIF format
>^C
(Interrupt -- one more to kill letter)
^CInterrupt
& mail lh

Michael Portuesi says:

> Is there any demand for high-res, true-color scans of KT pics?  Keep
> in mind that they will be large, and in TIFF instead of GIF format
> (GIF can only handle 8-bit pictures).

*sigh*  i was just musing on the graphics limitations of my equipment,
and wondering how i could channel some money from the Mac to upgrade
the Amiga, when along comes Michael from Silicon Graphics...

envy aside, as far as i'm concerned, the more scans the better.
my greyscale scans of the KBC newsletters and the tour program are
disappointing compared to the color originals.  i don't know how
much room we have left for the archives, but i'd say that color
TIFFs (and companion high quality GIFs) would be most welcome.

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot