Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: GIFs on your display

From: portuesi@tweezers.esd.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1991 08:40:31 -0800
Subject: Re: GIFs on your display
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@zola.esd.sgi.com (Net News)

In article <1991Jun14.151432.25861@cs.dal.ca>, graham@ug.cs.dal.ca
(Michael Graham) writes:
|> How do my new gifs look on your display - they look so-so on a 24
|> bit, 100 dpi
|> Iris screen. Are they ok on a regular PC?

They look so-so on my 24-bit, 100 dpi Iris screen too.  For a while, I
was trying to put together my own lyrics booklet for
_This_)Woman's_Work_ incorporating color scanned images, but most of
the pictures in the archives don't cut it when viewed on anything but
the screen.

I would take the time to scan in some hi-res, 24-bit TIFF files for
the archives, but unfortunately I don't have anything special to scan,
such as back issues of the _Kate_Bush_Club_Newsletter_ or the
Convention programme.  I also don't know if the archive has enough
disk space to hold them.

Is there any demand for high-res, true-color scans of KT pics?  Keep
in mind that they will be large, and in TIFF instead of GIF format
(GIF can only handle 8-bit pictures).

--
__
\/  Michael Portuesi   Silicon Graphics, Inc.   portuesi@sgi.com