Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

AO levels

From: dlangs%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 1991 12:32:07 -0800
Subject: AO levels
To: love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu

At last we have a few good explanations for what O' and A' levels are/were.

To confuse the rest of the world again there were also things called
AO levels.  I have two (in addition to my 10 O's and 4 A's but I'll stop
bragging there :)

AO levels were taken one year after O' levels and one year before A' levels.
Perhaps I should add "normally" (i.e. at age 17).

They were exams at an intermediate level that one would take to pad
one's CV, if you already had an O and were studying for the A,
or to get a qualification in a previously unexamined subject in which
you were not going to take the A level. e.g. I have an O and A in math(s)
and padded it with an AO; my other AO is in geology but I have neither an O'
or A' level in this subject.

At A'level grades A, B, C, D, and E are all considered passing grades with
an E pass starting at about 45%.

Are all Kate's O's pure O's or does she have any AO's?
(I have to get KT in somehow!)

Derek 'yes I am still here' Langsford
dlangs@sunstroke.sdsu.edu

P.S. Who is the other Derek L. on gaffa?