Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Happy backlash-if you don't like it use your kill file

From: tj@CS.UCLA.EDU (Tom Johnson)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1991 12:05:36 -0800
Subject: The Happy backlash-if you don't like it use your kill file
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@CS.UCLA.EDU (Mr. News Himself)

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what the big problem is.  I love Happy's
music and I want to hear everything I can about this talented woman and
her music.  I've noticed that virtually every posting about Happy has
her name in the subject--if you don't want to read about Happy Rhodes,
why don't you just put her name in your kill file and be done with it?
Of course you might miss a message or two from someone who titles their
message "I'm happy I discovered Kate", or something, but then you wouldn't
be inconvenienced, and the rest of us can go on discussing someone who's
music is every bit as important (IMHO, of course) as the goddess'.

Tom
--
Tom Johnson             "I put this moment.............................here
tj@cs.ucla.edu           I put this moment......................here