Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@theory.TC.CORNELL.EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1991 06:59:29 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.UU.NET

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Happy kill files
Sender: news@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1991 14:59:22 GMT

jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.EDU (Jeff Burka) writes:

>Michael Graham writes:
>>I thought that the kill file looks only at the subject line, not the entire
>>body of the message - I am pretty sure of this.

>Sorry, but you're wrong.  I believe the correct command would be
>"/happy/a:j" to get rid of anything with 'happy' in the entire body.  And
>I believe that "/happy/h:j" will get rid of anything with 'happy' in the
>entire header.

and "/happy/j" will junk anything with 'happy' in the subject line, so
Michael was right about the default case, while Jeff is correct that you
can modify the default behavior if you so desire.

>b) I'm pretty sure the 'mh' unix mail handler can explode digests into
>seperate chunks; don't any of the other mailers on various systems?

If the digest is in a recognized "digest" format.  Love-hounds digest
is not, so mh (at least the version we have) refuses to explode it.

But maybe we should be talking about KaTe instead of kill files...
--

-Dan Riley (riley@theory.tc.cornell.edu, cornell!batcomputer!riley)
-Wilson Lab, Cornell University