Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Force-feeding

From: tlhouns@ns.PacBell.COM (Lee Hounshell)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1991 15:00:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Force-feeding
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ns.PacBell.COM (Pacific Bell Netnews)

In article <9106062148.AA02120@chimes.cs.cornell.edu> turney@cs.cornell.EDU (Jenn Turney) writes:
>I hope I'll eventually be able to come across Happy by chance.  I expect
>I'll be pleasantly surprised when I find out it's her.  But at this
>point, despite my attempted avoidance of the verbiage posted about her in
>this group, the element of discovery has been removed and my curiosity
>has been stifled.

Too bad.  You're the only one who's losing out.  The rest of us appreciate good music where
ever we find it *however* we find it.  I could care less if I find a new musician by listening
to a recommendation from someone with similar musical tastes, or if it's by pure chance.  It
is the *music* I like.  And I, for one, am very grateful to Vickie -n- company for turning me
on to Happy.  Jenn, I feel sorry for you.

-Lee