Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Many thanks for all the transcribing you've done over the last few
weeks, Ron.  This is all very useful material.

> Finally, after the hopelessly inept
> interviewer finally subsides, Kate is further exploited by the boorish
> American studio crew, who pressure her into delivering a series of advertising
> "spots" for a number of television programmes. As usual, Kate suffers through
> all of these indignities with perfect grace.

In fact these promos are as much for her videos as they are for any
television program.  The one spot that is absurdly inappropriate is
the "Tell us what you like in a man" spot.  The rest of the promos are
pretty typical of what she's done for radio stations and such and I'd
hardly call it "exploiting" her.

Otherwise, yes, it's an amusingly stupid interview but that's not
terribly unusual.  My favorite, (besides Doug's I mean :) is John
Diliberto's interview from the February 1990, _Musician_.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com