Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Sorry, but this really irks me.  Why not just rephrase it into "If you don't
like this you don't like KaTe as much as you say you do."?  I doubt
that Jeff really meant it that way but I've noticed a trend toward a
certain "Musical Correctness" in this group that I find distressing.

The last artist that was presented to me this way was Jane Siberry.  I
tried it, it's nice, it doesn't particularly appeal to me.  Jane
Siberry is obviously talented but to me it's absurd to put her in
in a class with Kate.

I do like Kate just as much I as I say I do.  Take my word for it.  I
also appreciate very much the pointers that I find here to other
artists of interest.  But I reserve the right make my own decisions
on who's music I like or don't like and I refuse to have my love of
Kate's music called into question because of it.

What's wrong with "If you like Kate, you'll probably like it"?

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          AT&T Network Systems
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com