Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas parties in general;SJ in particular

From: L-H@cup.portal.com
Date: Wed, 29 May 91 02:49:53 PDT
Subject: Katemas parties in general;SJ in particular

Hi Love-Hounds,

Ron "I don't do no typing, man" Hill wondered aloud:
>>So what goes into making a Kate Bush party anyway?  Like, what time are
>>they, how long do they last-particularly the one in SJ.  What do people
>>do, etc., etc.  I've never been to one!
Some lurker replied:
>Yeah, what he said!

Remember how Jorn put up his poster on the wall of the hostel room in
London last November, and the times up in our room when you, me, Ed,
Chris, Vickie, Jorn, and whoever else meandered in, and we all just
sat around listening to Kate songs and looking through all of the
Kon memorabilia?  And remeber how Homeground Towers looks inside (you
should, since you photographed it) with Kate-related posters and such
all over the place?  Well, that's kind of what Katemas is about-the
opportunity for all fans to join in celebration of Kate's birthday.  I
guess the particulars will vary :-).  Someone in attendance will
probably own some rare videotape of an interview or something, or six.
Someone else may have been given some bootls or videos as a present sometime
that he or she can bring along to share and talk about/listen to/analyze/
critique/get counter-critiqued about/get flamed on for/finally get set
straight on by someone else.  Last time here we had burgers and chips
and condiminiums, and a champagne toast later on in the evening before
not too many people had to leave.  We started around 1130 or 12 noon
and went until it ended.  The same pretty much at IED's in LA last year.
We've been lucky here in California the last few years in that we were
able to come up with some neat little (or significant) door prizes that
were donated by others.  "Contributions are kindly accepted."  Everyone
is encouraged to bring his/her collection (well, more rare stuff) of
anything related to Kate Bush that may be of interest to others.  If
possible, calls are placed between parties just to say hi or to sing
'happy birthday dear Kate' with each other.  It's great to see new and
old faces, and just to be happy together on this great occasion.

As a matter of fact, that is pretty much what will happen here on
Saturday, July 27.  I'd like to get some idea of how many people to
expect at this party.  If you are considering coming to the San Jose
party, and by all means, please DO, please send me a reply so I can
begin preparations with the other party planners.  I'll be sending out
directions and more details soon.  Thanks all!

Larry (l-h@cup.portal.com)           P&K: Kate is loved by all.

p.s. - She really IS!