Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Jeanetics

From: Kaleidoscope <lawtonj@project4.computer-science.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: 29 May 91 10:04:45 GMT
Subject: Jeanetics
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.man.ac.uk

Searching through a 2nd hand record shop under J (for James Taylor Quartet) I
found a couple of LPs that I'd made a mental note about a couple of years ago -
seeing as each was reduced to less than a 7" single I HAD to pick them up.

Anyway the two records were Jeanette - 'Hum' & Jeanetics - 'Scale 0-100' -
essentially the same band. Jeanette lent her voice to This Mortal Coil's
'Come Here My Love' on Filigree & Shadow, but her solo work shows more
breadth.
It's mostly synth backing (provided by Tim Whelan from Furniture) - the
nearest comparisons I can think of are Laurie Anderson, or Kate Bush in
her Dreaming/HoL period without the percussive drive.Also Lena Lovitch.
I'm sure this gives you the general idea..
 Put it this way, anyone who likes Kate Bush & This Mortal Coil won't be
dissapointed with these LPs.

J.4