Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT oddities

From: Ken.Saintjohn@samba.acs.unc.edu
Date: Tue, 28 May 91 22:11:56 EDT
Subject: KT oddities

 woj writes & asks:

>which brings me to a question: what other synKroniciTies have you en-
>countered? the two others that spring to my mind are a bennigans-like
>place in manhattan, kansas called "bushwackers" (i've got a photo of
>the marquee) and a truck stop in northern eastern pennsylvannia called
>KT's (i always forget to bring my camera when i drive up route 81 to
>upstate new york).
>anybody else have any others?

Many MANY years ago when I first became interested in computers I went
out and bought a Commodore VIC-20 computer, this guy of course had no
disk drive but instead one of those tape recorders that you would pop
a cassette in and wait 20 min for the program to load. One of the very
first cassette I purchaced was program where you could type someones
name and the computer would randomly insert the name into randomly
selected sentences (well it was a big deal at the time;-). This
program had some demo files so I ran them and it looked something like
this:
           1. The queen has very small feet.
           2. The queen likes her tea.
           3. Kate Bush is a singer from England.
           4. Kate Bush is a very mysterious person!

At this point in my life I thought for sure that there were only about
3 KaTe fans in the US, it just cracked me up to see her name on the
computer screen. Turns out the program was written in the UK.

                                  Ken SaintJohn
                          Ken.Saintjohn@bbs.oit.unc.edu
               "I think quotes are very dangerous things!" KaTe Bush...