Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Sending KaTe flowers for her birthday...

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 28 May 91 20:29:27 PDT
Subject: Re: Sending KaTe flowers for her birthday...
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

> If someone happens to know KaTe's home address (Ron Hill?),
> how about we each send her a bunch of flowers for on behalf of
> each KaTemas party held around the world?
> (ASSUMING THIS HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE B-)) )

It IS a good idea, but it has certainly been done before!  In fact,
Andy Marvick (IED) traditionally sends Kate flowers (white roses)
on her birthday.  Two years ago he asked love-hounds if they wanted
to contribute money, and get their names on the card.  Enough people
came through for IED to send five dozen roses!

He sends it to East Wickam farm.  Although the florist there has
confirmed that the flowers were sent, no reply from the Bush people
has ever come.

But if you want to organize such a gift this time, that would be
great.  IED would probably be able to tell you about costs.

> Oh, and no one seemed to answer my question on that guitar solo at the
> end of the version of "James And The Cold Gun" on _TWW_.
>
> .. who did it, and was this performed live at the Hammersmith? (I am
> picking up this video on Friday.. CAN'T WAIT!!)

Yes, it was performed live at Hammersmith.  I can't remember the name
of the guitarist, but it's given in the videotape of the concert.