Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Krystal Burgers Rule OK?

From: robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay)
Date: Fri, 24 May 1991 20:59:39 GMT
Subject: Krystal Burgers Rule OK?
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Nets)

>Thanks for the additional Caterwaul info, everyone.  From Robert's
>post I gather that _The Nature of Things_ is now available on CD.
>Does "Lost Arts Records" distribute nationwide?
>
>> ... I used to dream about kate bush, but now I only dream about
>> Kyrstal Burgers....
>>
>> robert lindsay (whose wife's birthday is July 30)
>
>Kyrstal Burgers?  If you mean Krystal Burgers they're nothing more
>than a poor imitation of White Castles.  The grease is not of the
>proper consistency or flavor.
>

>"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
>                                          AT&T Network Systems
>                                          att!cbnews!nrc
>                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

This is a typical thing to say from people who have been brought up in the
Frozen North and wouldn't know good tiny burgers if they leap up and bit
them. Since I have never been to the degenerate, decaying northern cities
where these weak imitations of the True Burger (trust me on this. Kyrstal
is to small burgers what Kate is to music) but as I understand White Castle
burgers don't have mustard as a standard ingrident. A very important difference.
(They also don't have a movie where Susan Sarandon gets nekkid about
them either, but thats another matter.) And
I'm sure we can both agree that in DC the Little Tavern burgers are nothing
but methadone maintaince for The REAL THING.

%)
robert lindsay
"and so it goes"
robert@alliant.uoknor.edu