Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Import CD prices (was Re: To our Danish LH)

From: scott@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk (Scott Telford)
Date: 23 May 91 11:01:37 GMT
Subject: Re: Import CD prices (was Re: To our Danish LH)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.heriot-watt.ac.uk

In article <9105221421.AA29570@uunet.uu.net> ee8kh@gdt.bath.ac.UK writes:
>Sorry to butt in here, but I would just like to make a little point about the
>price of these *expensive* imports
>Not so long ago the exchange rate for dollars to pounds (UK) was about 2 to 1
>I don't know what it is now but it probably hasn't changed too much since.

About L1=$1.60, last time I looked.

>And just to finish off, when US CD sinles are imported into the UK, we're
>lucky to find them for less than about 8 pounds, or about $14 by my reckoning

S'true. I paid L8.73 for "Aspects of the Sensual World" last week.
| Scott Telford, Dept of Computer Science,               scott@cs.hw.ac.uk    |
| Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK.                 scott%hwcs@ukc.uucp  |
|_____ "Expect the unexpected." (The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy) ______|