Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Caterwaul details..

From: bullroar@darkside.com (Mark Kraft)
Date: Thu, 23 May 91 02:44:39 PDT
Subject: Caterwaul details..
Comments: The Sleepless Eye Illuminati, Inc.

Well, when I first met Caterwaul, It was two years ago and they were playing
at the Cactus Club in San Jose.. No one at the radio station seemed to know
much about the band and we were requested by the club to do an interview..
So I did it, and I am quite glad I did it too.. I made a contact with the
band and later organised a benefit with them for KSJS. I did another fun
outdoor interview with them.. the address I posted is not available anywhere
I know of.. Too bad about IRS.. I sort of saw it coming though, because
they aren't a typical "IRS band".. As far as the first album goes.. It is
"The Nature of Things" which was released on Lost Arts Records. PO Box
85338, Los Angeles, CA 90072. The band gave me a very,very limitted edition
Pin & Web T-shirt, as well as this album and a nice handwritten letter..
Please write them and let them know that they're still appreciated. I will
track down my interviews now..
Mark Kraft aka Bullroar@darkside.com

P.S.  Also, there is one excellent piece of vinyl by the band that none of
you have mentionned.. it is the "Beholden" EP which is on IRS... It has
several really, really beautiful  tracks on it and is worth every penny..
Absolutely wonderful..