Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT to direct Prince video

From: larryy@Apple.COM (Larry Yaeger)
Date: 6 May 91 00:33:08 GMT
Subject: Re: KT to direct Prince video
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9105041522.1.23668@cup.portal.com> L-H@cup.portal.COM writes:
>Larry Yaeger (welcome!-you'll liKe iT here) reported:
>
>>...Prince has lined up several directors already for
>>his next few videos, and among the names mentioned was...Kate Bush.
>><jaw drops to floor with resounding ka-thunk!>
>
>Er, was that your jaw, or Princes's jaw? :-)  I know you didn't mean to
>come across that way, but the first thing I thought when I read that
>sentence was "S**t, the very thought of "Prince" coming anywhere near
>to "lining up" Kate.  HA!"  ...

Hee hee... well, actually, I was trying very carefully (and obviously
failing) to *not* comment on Prince and his music.  I have very mixed
feelings about P, loving some of his early stuff, hating a lot of his
later stuff, but finding bad stuff among the good and good stuff among
the bad... Aarrgghh!  All that's IMHO, of course.

What I was really a bit agog about was that Kate was directing *anyone*
else's video besides her own.  (I'm not aware of her having done so for
anyone else in the past; or did she direct one of the versions of Peter
Gabriel's "Don't Give Up"?  Some other videos?)

I hope the song she gets to direct is, indeed, one that she feels good
about.  I'm certainly looking forward to seeing it.  Though it couldn't
possibly match a work featuring her own music!;-)
--
-larryy@apple.com

"You wouldn't recognize a *subtle plan* if it painted itself purple,
and danced naked upon a harpsichord, singing, 'Subtle Plans are Here Again'."
                        -  Edmund Blackadder