Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

music in stores (was Kate & Miller's Outpost)

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 May 91 17:07:04 -0500
Subject: music in stores (was Kate & Miller's Outpost)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Yesterday I went to Miller's Outpost to buy a pair of jeans.
[...]
>"No, I was just listening to the music.  It's really rare to hear
>Kate Bush in a store!"
>
>"We have the music on a tape," she said.

Sounds just like the time I was in a Noble Romans (pizza chain) here
in Bloomington, and I heard "The Life is the Red Wagon" (by Jane Siberry,
for those ignorant heathens who didn't know).  I asked the waitress
about it; she said it was on a tape too.  I told her it was rather
surprising 'cause Jane is relatively unknown in this country...

Jeff
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |