Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Archives

From: Bill Wisner <wisner@ims.alaska.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 91 16:48:59 -0800
Subject: Re: Archives
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>I have been asked by Peter of Homeground to obtain material from
>the Lovehounds archives for them. In particular they have asked for
>material between 12/7/90 and 14/10/90. However, the last file I have
>found in the archives (0109) ends on 8/8/90. Is the more recent material
>available anywhere (Bill?, |>oug?).

Yes, it's available.  It's sitting in a really big file waiting for me
to come along and break it up into bite-sized chunks.  If Peter of Homeground
needs it soon, I can arrange to get it to you.

>Also, it would be nice to have an index/README to the archive so that
>we knew what dates were in each file. This is a suggestion *not* a gripe
>and it could be done by some kind soul other than the pseudo-moderator
>(e.g. someone who has ftp'd the files in the past).

Yes, it *would* be nice, and I've even considered doing it.  I'd be quite
happy if someone put such an index together, thus saving me the trouble.