Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Happy Rhodes' song "Warpaint"

From: jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 91 00:21:31 EST
Subject: Happy Rhodes' song "Warpaint"

Well it seems a bunch of people have Happy's new album, so I figured
I'd go ahead and post this...

At about 5:30 into the title track, "Warpaint," there are some backwards-
masked vocals.  I sampled and reversed 'em so I wouldn't lie awake in bed
wondering what I was missing.

Sorry, no brilliant KaTe-like message here.  It's Happy singing, in an
interesting melody, the words, "I fight to the death," repeated a few
times.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  They know the way to be happy" --KaTe |