Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

People who subscribed to our distribution list

From: xx158@cleveland.freenet.edu (The Music Sig)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 91 00:13:15 -0500
Subject: People who subscribed to our distribution list

OK... we've had alot of problems here. As you know, we allow people to
send us their address to be added to our "Distribution List" which enables
us to send you (the subscriber) a personal copy of the List Of Lists when
a new issue is issued.

Unfortunately we've run into a snag: Some addresses we've recieved simply
do not exist (or can't be reached) and when our mail is bounced back, we
have no way of letting you know...

SOoooooo... the method is this simple: When we recieve your address, we will
reply to it with an automated message telling you've been added to our list.
HOWEVER, if you do not recieve our automated reply telling you that you've
been added to the list after a day or two when you sent it to us, ASSUME
that we either:
     a) Couldn't reply to you because you gave us a bad, or inaccesible
        address or
     b) We never got your mail in the first place

Please give it a try again.  For example, the following was not able to
be reached:      askinc!lisa@uunet.uu.edu

We have no way of reaching you, Lisa, and your mail was deleted before we
had a chance to personally read it (the automated message was sent out as
usual and deleted the original letter as part of the process) Please send
us an alternate or corrected address.

This goes for everyone who did not recieve a reply. Thank you for your
attention.
-The Music SIG Staff