Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: GLC

From: Jeff Burka <jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 91 23:56:20 -0500
Subject: Re: GLC
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Judi asks about the reference on "Aspects..." to "the Comic Strip film
G.L.C."

There is a BBC series, whose title I don't quite recall, but is something
like "The Comic Strip Presents."  It features a number of well-known,
young British comedians in episode-length films/sketches.  Way-back-when,
when MTV was semi-cool, they had a bunch o' British comedy on Sunday
nights--they would show one Monty Python episode, one "Young Ones" and one
Comic Strip.  Many of the comedians from "The Young Ones" were also in
the Comic Strip.

Well, the Comic Strip is still in production.  Back in _real_ early '90,
there were two Comic Strips that featured KaTe in some way.  The first was
"G.L.C." (greater london council), which was a spoof of London politics
done in the manner of a spaghetti western.  There was a real Ken who was
a leader of the real-life GLC (can't remember his last name).  For this
film, KaTe did the soundtrack.  I'm not sure how much music she did, but
there were at least two "songs" ("Ken" and "The Confrontation" (the latter
of which is available on the British "Love and Anger" single)), and I
think I remember hearing that "Cloudbusting" or maybe it was some other
HoL song was played in the background at one point.

In an episode a few weeks later, KaTe actually had an acting role.

Unfortunately, to my knowledge these have only been broadcast in the UK
(not that my knowledge is far-reaching; I have no clue... ;-), and therefore
in PAL format.

So...*has* anybody converted either of these to NTSC?  Are there copies
floating around?  Will someone make me a copy of either??  :-)/2

Jeff
(who paid $12 for the import CD single of "L&A" so he could get "The Confront-
ation," which is the only TSW-era B-side not in the Box Set)

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                |"I've lost my way through this world of |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   | profanities/I thrive on the wind and   |