Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Nigel Kennedy

From: graham@UG.CS.DAL.CA (Michael Graham)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1991 12:53:47 -0400
Subject: Nigel Kennedy
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@cs.dal.ca (USENET News)

There was a little segment on Nigel Kennedy tonight on Much Music. He is
playing with the Toronto Philharmonic Orchestra for a few nights I guess.
I couldn't believe what a great violinist he is. I knew he was good, but
I didn't know that he was THAT good!
He was on stage wearing a tatered black shirt, jeans, and a bandana (sp?).
They showed a segment of Exp. IV, and then he commented on working with
Kate. He said (I'm forgetting already) something to the effect that she was
one of best composers around right now and that working with her was like
having a jam session with Mozart or Bach!
He sang her praises a bit more and then there was more orchestra footage.
Luckily the show is repeated so I will tape it when it rolls around again.

mike

--
Michael Graham         |  "The only thing I know about backmasking is that
graham@ug.cs.dal.ca    |   when you play your records backwards it f*cks