Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Carmilla 'n' Kate

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward J. Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 91 09:09:30 PST
Subject: Re: Carmilla 'n' Kate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>HI!  A friend is letting me use his computer, and has requested me to write in
>with yet another KaTe question.  A third party, on the Vampyres list, sent us
>the lyrics to a song called "carmilla" based on the LeFanu story of the same
>name.  Problem is, we've never seen the song or heard it or dreamed about it or
>anything at all!  Maybe I'm just ignorant and uninformed and it's on an album
>I haven't heard yet? (possible--I'm a new KaTe fan!)
>Merci!
>charles (padgett@athena.cs.uga.edu)
>on cliff's computer--cliff@athena.cs.uga.edu

This song is from a group of several dozen Kate demos that started
circulating among the fans a couple of years ago.  They were all
recorded before Kate's first album came out, and they didn't end up
on any albums.  They've become somewhat more available lately --
you can get them on a set of EPs called the Cathy Demos, a set of
LPs called Cathy's Album I and II, or on a couple of CDs that have just
come out: _Passing Through Air_ and _If You Could See Me Fly_.  Or you
could get a copy of the tape, sometimes called _Fiddle_, that made the
fan rounds a while ago.  All are bootlegs, of course.

These are WELL WORTH HAVING for any serious Kate fan.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov