Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

some answers and opinions

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 91 10:42:13 CST
Subject: some answers and opinions

Jenn writes:
> "Dr. Crippen was tried in 1910, for the
>murder of his wife, Cora Crippen."  Must have been some fantastic
>trial, as the book is over 200 pages long, with even a few pictures.
>Perhaps he poisoned her!

Indeed he did, and supposedly several others, though i think the evidence
is much weaker.  but his name at the time was synonymous with mass murder
by poison

SOmeone else:
> I am not suggesting that KaTe would be sponsered by anyone,  in fact,
>a banner over the stage at a KaTe concert would be pretty weird looking;  nor
>do I think that KaTe is the type of artist that would "go corporate" anyway.
>But, I am curious to see what y'all think about this topic.

The joke at Homeground when this question came up was, Cadbury
chocolates...

Rogue writes:
> Are there any outtakes other than time for set and costume
changes?

There were magicians and poetry readings (by brother JC)

RJC writes/ quotes:
t> For example, I find it silly every time I here her going on and on
t> with all those "wows".  Maybe silly isn't really the right word.

>Try `funny'.

I think the wows are electrifying, myself.  I had an argument about _irony_
in the arts not too long ago, and realized afterward that kate doesn't have
an ironic bone in her body, by my def. of ironic...

it's very nice to hear all the new voices.  many thanks!