Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

PoV

From: JONES@RPIECS.BITNET
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 91 08:20:32 EST
Subject: PoV

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
  A quick note to make a plug for the new Gabriel video, Point of View.
The last time I saw Gabriel live was (far too long ago) back in November
of '86, at a packed Centrum in Worcester, Mass., and watching PoV
brought back all the memories in vivid detail...Gabriel's scampering
around the stage during "Shock the Monkey", the lights attacking him
as he tries frantically to escape during "No Self Control", his fetal
curl beneath the caressing lights of "Mercy Street".  Of course, the
moment that does the most for me is when he offers himself up to the
hungry crowd for "Lay Your Hands on Me"; a moment that reminds me how
lucky I was to grab his arm as he was passed over me as I stood in the
4th row, center.  :)

  Anyway... 'nuff said?  For those of you Gabriel fans out there who
haven't gotten PoV yet, do it.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

                                      All the best,
                                          Deb Wentorf