Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lionheart; Immortal KaTe

From: judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 91 16:51 MST
Subject: Lionheart; Immortal KaTe

  Just a quick note today, folks. Someone asked for explanations as to
what some of us like about _Lionheart_, and why. Well, I don't have any
specific favorites on the album, but I like this album as much as any of
the others for a rather unspecific reason:

            MOOD!

  I prefer different KaTe songs and different KaTe albums at different
times simply depending on the mood I'm in. Actually, I tend to like
Lionheart a lot more when I'm feeling a bit depressed....(???)

  Dave Neff asked why so many people tend to classify KaTe as "more than
human" (sorry, I don't remember the exact words he used). I use terms
such as "immortal" and "ethereal" when describing her because I see her
as so much beyond the average artist.... I simply cannot describe her in
common terms.

  Just a side note in relation to something else someone (Dave?) said:
I, too, think KaTe is gorgeously beautiful (very much so in a style all
her own), and very sexy/sensuous/sensual/etc./whatever, and I'm a very
heterosexual female. I simply appreciate a very wonderful thing when I
see it, and she's it! I've even asked my hairdresser to cut/style my
hair like KaTe's as it appears on the cover of _The Whole Story_, but
she just never seems to get it right. Hhmmmm, maybe it's the basic
material she has to work with in the first place.... Seriously, can
any average female (like me) ever even dream of approaching the
"transcendental beauty" (IMHO) of Kate?

                               (So I look too, and what Do I see?
                                My eyes are full,
                                But my face is empty.)