Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

jumping into rec.music.gaffa

From: Brian.Clayton@f8.n205.z1.fidonet.org (Brian Clayton)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 01:30:11 pdt
Subject: jumping into rec.music.gaffa

Greetings, fellow gaffans:

I thought I'd make an attempt to post something to the newsgroup--
an interesting trick from here in Fidonet.  I botched it once
already, so I hope it works this time.

First of all, a "thanx" to Ed Suranyi for sending me the discography
and other interesting bits.  Ed, your msgs took about *3 weeks* to
get to me, and would have passed from this world forever had I logged
in an hour or so later.  Internet->Fidonet mail can be terribly
slow without a local gateway.  Believe me, I'm working on getting one!

[tip: use the bang path for netmail replies, boys & girls]

That discography really had me amazed....there's *so much* of Kate's
music out there that I'll probably never hear....I would especially
like the remixes/instrumental versions of "Running up That Hill" and
"Cloudbusting."  And then there's B-sides....What to do, what to do...

Question:  I saw in the big catalog of albums at the record store a
listing for an album just called "Kate Bush".  It had a French title
on it (I think it was "The Infant Kiss") and several other songs from
the NFE/TD era.  It's not on CD, and not on the discography (which is
a year old I see.)  What is it?  An illusion?  List of singles?

Speaking of the record store, I found some copies of the "visual
documentary" book there...of course, it was right at that moment
I had to leave...later I got to thumb through it, but didn't have
the $$$...

Another question:  Does anyone have a copy of the NFE CD with a POP
on it?  I do--it's right toward the end of "The Wedding List."  Geez,
I thought the idea of the CD was to get *away* from noises like that...

Personal CD history:  received TSW for Xmas 89...liked it, but was
curious about stuff from HoL (vague memory of video to "Running...")
so bought it....great!...later got TD, AOTSW, NFE...HoL is still
favorite, though songs from Hammersmith interest me...but now my
CD player is broken!  My exploration is curtailed.  Drat.

Suggestions on obtaining hard-to-obtain Kate tapes/singles/CD are
welcome.  Also, if anybody has any info, new or strange, about
Thomas Dolby, let me know!  (Gee, where's rec.music.europa...?)

Be Seeing You,
BC

"With just my heart       | FIDONET   : 1:205/8 (The Golden Age of Wireless)
 and my mind,             | INTERNET  : Brian.Clayton@f8.n205.z1.fidonet.org
 I could be driving,      | UUCP :..uunet!hoptoad!fidogate!205!8!Brian.Clayton
 driving home" -Kate Bush | DISCLAIMER: Opinionite, now with NEW Disclaimium!

 * Via Fido 1:205/42 25 Mar 91  09:00:21 (v12t)
--
Brian Clayton - via FidoNet node 1:125/777