Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

In KaTeness

From: "k.a.hargie" <hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 18:37:53 EST
Subject: In KaTeness

Well I wasn't going to write how i discovered KaTe but what the heck!
I first heard of her about 4-5 years ago after reading Wuthering Heights.
Someone mentioned that an English musician had done a song WH.  Of course
at the time I payed no attention to this!  Then a couple years later I
finally heard WH....wow i thought this is weird...but I loved it!  The
next song I heard was There Goes A Tenner, again I though how strange, but
I loved her story telling....I was in a trance....I found myself haunting
the music stores....I managed to snatch up all the albums in less than 2
weeks.  At one point I had KaTe in my car and in both stereos in the house.
Needless to say I am banned from listening to her in the house except when
my mother isnt around....hmmm????  Thanks to several friends I now have
a fairly extensive collection of b-sides etc. I have also successfully
converted several people into being KaTe fanaTics.  Anyway enuf driveling!!!
My Personal Favorites....
Favi song: There Goes A Tenner (sentimental)  Jig of Life (otherwise)
Favi album: don't have one LOVE them all!!!
Favi B-side: Ne tenfuis Pas (blew two speakers listening to this one)
Favi video: KaTe doing Oh England in Live at Hammersmith (the look on her face
is just incredible, and the emotion.....almost wanna cry)

Harg

btw i went out and bought a second copy of Live At Hammersmith that I will be
circulating to friends......providing ppl will pass it on in a reasonable #
of time if any love-hounds would like to borrow it to watch just send me email
and i'll add you on the list.....all you have to do is pay to have it forwarded!

Kirstin Hargie
hargieka@clutx.bitnet
hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu