Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TWW box set pictures

From: vishal@m2.csc.ti.com (Vishal Markandey)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 91 17:46:22 -0600
Subject: TWW box set pictures

HART@vtmath.math.vt.EDU ("Heath 552-3177", 703) writes:

> p. 13: Two pictures:
>       (left) This is from The Big Sky.  Near the end.  Kate's
>       looking up and all these pilots and astronauts are
>       looking up with her.
>       (right) Kate's wearing a furry-lined bomber jacket, and
>       she's sitting on a cot (?) singing into a microphone.
>       Laying on the cot is an olive-skinned guy, looking off.
>       There are several red wires in the right side of the photo.
>       OK, I'm stumped.

The picture on the right is from "Oh England My Lionheart" off the Live at
Hammersmith video.

> p. 20: This is a full color print of the cover from The Dreaming.

The two pictures are similar but not the same. Eyes are looking in different
directions, and hand has different positions.

> p. 23: Kate's bending over in a field.   It's dusk, and the sky is
>       a great shade of blue.  Kate's wearing a black and goldenrod
>       dress and a green shawl over her head.  This is one of the
>       best-colored photos in the book.

*Very* similar to the cover of the Depeche Mode album "A Broken Frame".
The DM picture made it to the cover of Life magazine's special issue,
"The World's Greatest Pictures 1980-1990", winter '90.

- Vishal