Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Finding Kate

From: jost@acme.coyote.trw.com (Patrick Jost)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 91 00:32:25 GMT
Subject: Re: Finding Kate
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@wilbur.coyote.trw.com (News Software)

In article <9103192253.AA13468@sqa.dsg.ti.com> jeff@sqa.dsg.ti.COM (jeff abbott (TB02)) writes:

>My question: how did people first hear of/learn about Kate Bush? It's
>not like she gets lots of air play in the U. S. radio market. I
>discussed this with Kate-friends and they all got into Kate while
>visiting Europe.

(Jeff's story deleted to save space)

>Any other stories on how Love-Hounds discovered Kate?

In about 1981 I was playing bass (Rick 4001-guess why?) in a casual group
with some fellow employees. All of us had diverse tastes; somehow, the name
Kate Bush came up, and not long after that someone mentioned that she'd
worked with Peter Gabriel. I bought "The Kick Inside" and found it mildly
interesting. I eventually got "The Dreaming" and really liked it...it is
my favourite, but don't want to get into THAT debate. "Never for Ever" and
"Lionheart" are interesting, but don't do much for me. "Hounds of Love"
seems like a logical sequel to "The Dreaming", but I can't figure out
"The Sensual World" which I don't like that much. I think Clive James
says it well when he describes her as a "healthy well shaped girl, she
dresses to frighten the horses".

PJ

 "You might think that, but I certainly couldn't comment..." (House of Cards)

       Patrick Jost/jost@coyote.trw.com/(213) 812-2759/(213) 313-2803