Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

X Magazine: Alternative music magazine seeks reviewers

From: scberk@athena.mit.edu (Scott C Berk)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 91 00:24:23 GMT
Subject: X Magazine: Alternative music magazine seeks reviewers
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

X Magazine, an alternative music/humor magazine based in Detroit,
Michigan, is looking for record reviewers to publish in issue #7.
We've successfully blended humor with music in Detroit for over a
year now, and now we're moving up to the national level.  To get
some idea of the type of audience we're trying to appeal to,
just get a load of our some of our past reviews/interviews:

Reviews: ABC, Gary Clail, Nasa, Consolidated, Frazier Chorus,
         Thrill Kill Kult, Propaganda, 808 State, Paris Angels,
         Tackhead, Stone Roses, James, The Charlatans, KLF,
         Hilt, Sonic Youth, Aztec Camera, Moev, Art of Noise,
         Devo, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Cocteau Twins, Deee-lite,
         The Fall, The Farm, Skinny Puppy, Pet Shop Boys, The Orb,
         Kate Bush, Pop Will Eat Itself, KMFDM, Danielle Dax

Interviews: UVS, Meat Beat Manifesto, Bob Mould, Railway Children,
            Darling Buds, Nine Inch Nails, KLF (#7)

I could go on and on, and it looks like I have.  We need more
reviewers!  Our pay is rather low (nothing), but that's subject to
change, especially if YOU help make X Magazine a commercial success.
Besides, think of the benefits.  If we publish your submission, you
get a free magazine!  More <insert appropriate gender> attention than
you can possibly deal with!  The love and admiration of X Magazines
loyal fans (22 and increasing EXPONENTIALLY!) And, as always, the inate
yet somewhat hollow satisfaction of a job well done.  If this sounds like
something you'd be interested in, send mail to:

xmag@athena.mit.edu

And either Jeff or Scott will take your drink order.

Also: we are desperately searching for comic artists (original
material), and humorous writers (like Dave Barry, or Bob Greene
on a really, really bad day).  Interested?  See above for address!

scottberk |||<--------->|||Staff Chemist
jeffhansen|||>---------<|||Editor
X Magazine|||*---------*|||xmag@athena.mit.edu

"Should the pins be set up and toppled, or hugged, or used as clubs?
 The possibilities are limitless." - Neal Manson, "Bowling for XMas"